Daily Legal News - Probate Court Notices : 2021 ADV 263237 City of Cleveland
2021 ADV 263237—City of Cleveland vs. Roy Levy, et al.
Unknown Spouse of Melvin Howard King, whose last known place of residence and present place of residence are unknown, will take notice that on August 25, 2021, the undersigned, City of Cleveland, filed its complaint in the Probate Court, 1 Lakeside Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44113, of Cuyahoga County, Ohio, alleging that the Council of the City of Cleveland adopted Resolution No. 132-2021 on the 5th day of April, 2021, declaring the necessity and intention to appropriate a fee simple interest in Permanent Parcel No. 124-24-070 for the public purpose of constructing the new City of Cleveland Police Headquarters along Opportunity Corridor, west of East 75th Street in Cleveland Ohio, described herein, that, thereafter on the 14th day of July, 2021, said Council of the City of Cleveland passed Ordinance No. 401-2021 directing such appropriation to proceed and authorizing the Director of Law of the City of Cleveland to commence this action.
Permanent Parcel No. 124-24-070
Situated in the City of Cleveland, County of Cuyahoga, and State of Ohio.
And known as being Part of Original One Hundred Acre Lot No. 330 and Bounded and Described as follows:
Beginning in the center line of Grand Avenue, S.E. at the Southeast Corner of Parcel of Land Conveyed by Eli E. Doster to Joe and Stanistama Ceubak by Deed Dated March 3, 1911 and Recorded in Volume 1332 Page 349 of Cuyahoga County Records; Thence Northerly along the Easterly line of Land so Conveyed to Joe and Stanistama Ceubak 145 feet, thence Easterly Parallel with the center line of Grand Avenue, S.E., 33 feet 8 inches, thence Southerly Parallel with the first described Course 145 feet to the center line of Grand Avenue, S.E.,; thence Westerly along the Center line of Grand Avenue S.E. 33 feet 8 inches to the place of beginning, be the same more or less, but subject to all legal highways.
Plaintiff City of Cleveland, prays:
1. This Court find that Plaintiff has complied with R.C. 163.01, et seq., and is entitled to appropriate the subject property;
2. Upon failure of the owner to file and answer, pursuant to R.C. 163.09, declare the value of the property interest appropriated herein and damages, if any, to the residue, to be in the sum stated herein;
3. This Court may cause a jury to be impaneled to make inquiry into and assess compensation to be paid to Defendants;
4. This Court enter a judgment ordering the appropriation and possession of the property and for the conveyance of the title to the Property to the City of Cleveland;
5. This Court cause any new parties to be added and direct such further notice to be given to a party in interest as the Court deems proper; and
6. This Court grant Plaintiff all such other relief to which Plaintiff might be entitled.
The defendants named above are required to answer on or before the 19th day of October, 2021.
CITY OF CLEVELAND.
By Barbara A. Langhenry, Director of Law; Richard Bertovich, Chief Assistant Director of Law; Room 106 - City Hall, 601 Lakeside Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44114, Attorneys for Plaintiff.